Friday, September 29, 2023

BlueSky Social Week #1 -- Twitter without gifs -- and ads - now BioRXIV support!


 Article here

First question -- BlueSky is by invitation only and, no, I can't invite you yet. I haven't been on the platform long enough to invite anyone, but if you were looking for #MassSpecTwitter and for the coolest papers, Mastodon and BlueSky have them.

I need to figure out how to get into Mastodon again and see how it has evolved, but I might already be following more scientists on BlueSky than I ever did on Twitter. 

I did put one post on Twitter this week so I could amplify a student's 63 page paper (!!) he submitted and posted on Biorxiv since Altmetric tracks Tweets but does not yet track reposts on BlueSky, but with bioRxiv joining the party, it's only a matter of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment