Wednesday, November 9, 2022

How to use Science Social Media without ruining your career workshop!

 


I FREQUENTLY consider how lucky I am that people just had film based cameras and NO social media when I was a young adult. Whew. 

Social media enabled science can be VERY POWERFUL and fraught with perils! Learn from Dr. David Tabb and Dr. Ann van der Jeugd, two intelligent people who have successfully used social medai to benefit the world.

I think I'll do the scared straight thing. 

YOU WANNA GET TURNED DOWN FOR TENURE TRACK BY EVERYONE? 

YOU WANNA WORK 80 HOURS A WEEK FOR LESS THAN YOU MADE AS A TECH IN THE SAME PLACE I5 YEARS AGO?!? 

Sign up for the HUPO ECR SCICOMM -- Who, how, where, and why (DON'T MEET THE BILLIONAIRES AND THEN TELL EVERYONE HOW BAD THEY SMELL ON THEIR OWN PLATFORMS) workshop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment