Wednesday, August 28, 2024

TesorAI Search - Cloud based spectral libraries - no percolating required!

 


Is there finally a small weird splintery group of proteomics people out there who are starting to think about "The Cloud Computing?" Probably not, but this new preprint is really cool! 


As in any bioinformatics paper there are very boring flow charts everywhere BUT they did us all a favor and kept their equations to themselves. No one likes you showing off how many Greek letters you know. 

Why does it belong on this awful blog, though? There are so....many....tools.... Well, I took a dataset that I know exceptionally well and I ran those files in it, and it looks legit.

AND it took me like 2 minutes to figure out the software. 

Go here. https://console.tesorai.com/

Register a fake email address (don't enough bioinformatics people know how to reach you already... no? use your real email, whatever........you do you) 

You'll get 20 credits/tokens and each one of those is worth 1 Thermo .RAW file.

I used 3 single HeLa cells prepped with NanoPots and ran with a ridiculously low flow rate on an Orbitrap Exploris 480 system that some nice people at BYU put up on ProteomeXchange.

The one part that isn't intuitive is that you should load your FASTA file from the file upload then go to the FASTA tab. It looks like you can load it through workflow, but you have to back out.

It only accepts Thermo .RAW files right now and the C+57 and M+/- oxidation so there are no buttons to push, really. Just load that stuff and tell it to run. 

My 3 .RAW files (about 800MB each) took 38 minutes from run to report.

I'm looking at a protein group report with about 2,800 proteins and that seems very reasonable based on my previous analyses of these cells. I'll have to check, but this is probably more than any combination of search tools have ever gotten me on these files, but they're certainly in the right range.  The PSM report seems reasonable and there are all the normal things - intensity values, funny new score metrics. 

Don't take my word for it, dig out that old Hotmail account you use at the grocery store and try it out for yourself! 

Big shoutout to Matt Labenski for tipping me off to this great use of my lunch break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment