Monday, July 29, 2024

Why write your own proteomics paper? Just copy a well-cited and important one figure by figure!

 


I'm standing in a field with my phone in a tree so it can get enough signal for me to tether my laptop so I can post this. That's what you do when you are in central West Virginia and something this weird happens. 

When someone asks anyone in the field of single cell proteomics (including me) this important question "how many single human cells do you actually have to analyze" we all have our own ideas, but we'll almost always bring up Hannah's paper -

And -- today - another paper just about step by step, figure by figure, seems to be exactly this paper. 

Don't take my word for it - check it out for yourself here.

BUT DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT - CITE THE NEW PAPER. 


It's paywalled, but you can go through the figures from the 2 papers and sit them side by side and - they're the same.


Original is left panel. New paper is right panel. 

Crazy, right? Okay, I'm going to go back to my vacation whether or not this thing posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment