Wednesday, July 31, 2024

HLA peptidomics by diaPASEF with a model for measuring quantitative accuracy!

 


Weird. I got back from offgrid camping and my first discussion was about HLA peptides this morning and - boom - cool new preprint


I'll admit that HLA's by DIA freak me out a little. You've already got all this chaos from your database explosion, I like to see a good solid MS1 and some isotopes for my own mental health. This group goes through a couple of iterations - running some DDA to generate libraries + trying some predictions  -AND -

most importantly - they break out SILAC (younger people, it's an old technology where you grow cells in the presence of expensive heavy labeled amino acids. For some reason we used to call it "the gold standard for proteomics quantification" or something. While that might be an exaggeration we all liked, SILAC is pretty good for relative quan).

Through a SILAC model they actually test if they can quantify their HLA peptides that they discovered! Because that is absolutely the only thing that people really care about, despite what services are generally offered. Super cool study all around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment