Thursday, March 10, 2022

The role of proteomics in mycoremediation!

 


If you haven't read the book above, I strongly suggest checking it out, just not the two copies the author put back into the cycle himself (supposedly, he drank the other). Of the many many things I learned from this book, one was the incredible value early efforts in mycoremediation appear to have. By selecting fungi that can effectively metabolize certain wastes, mycoremediators are showing that they can clean up a lot of things on earth that we probably feel like we're stuck with. Cigarette butts, diapers, plastics are all examples. 

In my effort to find something that proteomics ISN'T involved in today, check out this short review --


The whole process looks really straight-forward! 


My only concern was is waaaaay down here at the bottom because I do have to wonder how good the FASTA files are going to be for fungi, but the rest of it is all stuff we already know how to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment