Saturday, February 12, 2022

Ion parking + Infrared SPS MS3 of reporter ions = Big boosts in reporter signal!

 


Holy cow. I have to run, but there is so much to learn in this one. 


One -- reporter fragmentation is an issue in HCD? Wait. What? 

Two -- I thought Syka retired, good to see him on this paper! Or it was the other guy that I always get mixed up with him? I forget. 

Three -- HCD performance is m/z related? Did you know this? Should I pretend that I did before this? Meh.

What's all this add up to if you hack up an instrument to park ions and then fragment them in a way that isn't m/z dependent? 

2.39x increase in average reporter signal!! For anyone at those limits where 2x would be transformative. This could be a really big deal in 3 years when it's commercially available (just made up a number). 



No comments:

Post a Comment