Wednesday, March 13, 2019

New therapeutic targets of early-stage hepatocellular carcinoma!


If this Tweet isn't something to be rampagingly optimistic about this morning -- I don't know what your problem is, but I hope you get better!

This is in reference to this article in some journal I've never heard of --


I'm way too behind to spend much time on it -- but they deconvolved a massive biological problem by using 110(!! a decent n?!?! for proteomics!?!?) pair matched samples (this is where you try your best to eliminate things that will muddy your results -- for example you compare normal to cancer tissue where the patient samples are the same gender and approximate age -- all things you need big sample sizes for) and with all this statistical power they realize they aren't just looking at one homogenous mixture of cancer patients -- there are different subtypes -- THEN when you break them into subtypes -- MARKERS start to become obvious!!!

Was that one very excited sentence? Probably!!

(I love that picture above, they look more excited about this study than me!)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete