Saturday, May 27, 2023

Visualization of diaPASEF methods by Sebastian Paez!

This recent post trying to describe different diaPASEF methods (and missing the one that people are most excited about -- don't worry, I'll come back to it, but I can't lose my job for this blog) got a lot of positive feedback and follow-ups! 

If you missed it, it's here. 

Sebastian took pity on me and my attempts to draw straight lines on IMS windows and made these illustrations. Check out how sick this is.


This is how regular old diaPASEF works when you're running a 6 cycle method! The boxes in the outlines are the 1/k0 and m/z windos that are being isolated in each cycle.

And this is is what is going on when you run the most complicated SlicePASEF-4 (if you download the direct methods from the preprint, I think this is called 4F(?) which always reminds me of all WW2 era Bug Bunny cartoons that I recently watched with my kid in a mix of nostalgia and horror....definitely some concepts in those things that I do not want him thinking are okay or that he should be comfortable with. Yikes. 

Thanks, Sebastian, these totally help me even more to understand what the instrument is doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment