Thursday, May 11, 2023

PhosphoAnalyst Beta is live! Check this out, but don't break it!



If you promise not to break the server, I'll give you the link here! 

WOOOOOOO! I've been dreaming about a program like this for years and I bet you have too.

I don't know if there is a paper yet. I clicked the wrong link and saw that this had moved from "coming soon" to live. And the manual references a paper (yo, if you need a reviewer, I'm only at 75 for the year so far) 

Why am I super stoked about this one? Check out this option!! 

 


I've rambled about this before, but for just about everything I do the phosphorylation information exists in two possibilities.

1) Protein level increases (but phospho-level remains the same). If you just phospho- enrich, who knows which one it is? Not you, that's for sure.

2) Protein level remains static but phosphorylation site occupancy increases. 

I don't know why exactly, but to most people I know the amount of ERK vs phospho-ERK is a very important thing. So important, in fact, that they'll do western blots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment