Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Outstanding review on sepsis biomarkers!


I could probably cheat and use this great review on another blog as well -- because it covers both proteomic and metabolomic biomarkers of sepsis.


It isn't the most in-depth paper regarding instrumentation aspects. It focuses more on what has been done to attempt prediction of this terrifying complication of bacterial infection. It also introduces our technologies to microbiologists in a really digestible format. Best of all, it provides some serious insight into what needs to be done next. This is another condition where early prediction means better outcome for the patient -- and we've got the best tools for tackling it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I love your blog, I can't believe I missed this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for writing such a great review. I forwarded it to a lot of my microbiology friends!

      Delete