Sunday, August 2, 2026

Proteome Discoverer 3.3 has a DIA-NN (commercial license required) node!

 


I was trying to help someone out who, due to the fact the US government is working great, has instruments but can't pay their annual license fee to use the DIA cloud nodes. I was like - how hard could it be to link PD through the node maker things to DIA-NN and then integrate the whole thing.

Up until the .parquet thing appears it looked pretty straight-forward if you're smart, but I'm not and it all looked like it was going to work, but wasn't so I decided to blame it on 1) whatever I was actually supposed to be doing 2) the parquet thing and 3) and the fact that after a certain version, DIA-NN isn't entirely open access. It's free but there are permissions to consider. Yeah, that's totally what it was. One or all of those. 

Turns out there is already a DIA-NN node released in 2026. That was last year? Nope! This year! It's still 2026!

You can watch a webinar about it here by the amazing Michaela Scigelova and that DIA-NN guy. 

Now...obviously...it only accepts .raw files. But why would you run anything else in Thermo's solution for Protein Informatics? Weirdo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment