I'm back at this great iHUPO single cell initiative paper again, I guess. Sorry if you aren't interested, but it's TIMSTOF Ultra2 vs Astral on standards and real single cells, so I'm interested.
Another thing that caught my interest was how very different the instrument method on the TTU2 is compared to the basically default instrument method we have ran for single cells for about 18 months.
Above you can see our method on the left and the method from the iHUPO paper on the right. The format is a little different since I had to cut the darned table out of a PDF. Which is always a joy.
But you'll see that we use 8 cycles and we run from something like 0.65 to 1.4 and the iHUPO method runs 5 cycles and from 0.65-1.3.
I feel like we tried a ton of different methods and ramp times and finally ended up with basically the default method plus 50% more ramp time worked better for everything in our hands. But we optimized on mouse hepatocytes last year, but those are kind of big and also kind of friendly (there are like 550 proteins that you can detect even if the instrument is vastly underperforming, because they make up about 90% of the total protein content. Compare that to human plasma where 1 protein makes up about 90% and you'll see what I mean).
We run a longer ramp time which gives us a full ramp at a speed of 6.37 Hz according to the software, so each precursor gets measured over 6 times/second, right?
The iHUPO method is faster and has smarter looking windows
It gets something in the 9.34 Hz and uses bigger windows at the low and high end of the mass range.


No comments:
Post a Comment