Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Decrypting lysine deacetylase inhibitor (HDACs!) actions by dose-resolved proteomics!



Lysine deacetylase inhibitors (often called histone deacetylase inhibitors, or HDACs, but that might be a stretch for some of them) are super important drugs! They're being investigated as single and combinatorial therapeutics for cancer and neurological diseases and a host of other things. 

Somebody should probably get ALL of them and then work out how they affect the proteome and the acetylome at a very very deep level. 



Selfishly, if you were waiting for me to turn in responses to your exceptional reviewer comments on a single cell proteomic analysis of the heterogeneity in response of one of these drugs.... I might have been waiting for this paper so I could cite it. Updating Mendeley is a pain in the butt. And this group does such AMAZING chemoproteomics that I happily already deleted my bulk HDAC data.

They did 48 offline fractions and used MS3 Orbitrap based quan. PLUS separately enriched K+acetyl peptides. Beautiful paper and the data has already been integrated into the DecryptM database I've talked about a lot on this blog
 

No comments:

Post a Comment