Sunday, June 4, 2023

What I think we know about the new TIMSTOF Ultra so far!

 



Well... so...if you take the TIMSTOF SCP, and put the TIMSTOF HT digitizer and higher dynamic range TIMS and 

YOU FIX THE AWFUL GOSHDANGED NANOSPRAY SOURCE? 

Did that lady just say 300 HZ????  300 HZ?? I probably misheard her....

For some context, I really have to make my library files for single cell on my TIMSTOF Flex I can't put more than 20 nanograms on the SCP, and 20ng doesn't give you the kind of depth that you get with 400ng on a Flex. But my Flex can't see hardly anything in an unlabeled single cell, so the SCP has to be here.

The Ultra has the sensitivity of the SCP, the dynamic range of a more normal TIMSTOF and it looks way way faster? AND they looked at the worst nanospray source ever designed and tried to do something about it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment