Monday, March 23, 2020

Lunatic -- Finally a super easy way to quantify/optimize peptides loading!


For today's break from watching people who think this COVID-19 thing is a hoax, I present the easiest way to optimize your peptide loading that I've ever seen!!


I get this question all the time. You get this question all the time. Sure, we did the BCA, so there is all the protein, but how much peptide do we put on the instrument.

The actual value might surprise you! ...nevermind...I guess it is right there in the image....

We can argue about loading amounts vs how dirty your quadrupole gets vs whatever later. I strongly suggest this paper, if only, to see the easiest way to truly measure and optimize your peptide load you've ever tried.

I don't know what is going on in Ghent, but they seem to have this notion that they can just fix all these things in proteomics that have been broken forever.....





No comments:

Post a Comment