Thursday, April 18, 2024

Is MS Office trying to save all your stuff in some imaginary "Cloud" place?

 



I had another mandatory Microsoft update thing which 1) enabled their ....sub-performing.... blend of ChatGPT and Bing in the lower right corner of my screen where the button should be to get me back to my desktop... and 

2) Makes it so that if I open a document from my desktop and go to save it as a new name it defaults to some imaginary "cloud" thing so I will never ever be able to find it again. You can "other save options" or you can:

Open every one of the MS Office things you use 

Go to file

Go allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way down to Options

Go to Save and shut off this toggle that you never turned on in the first place. 

You are welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment