Tuesday, April 11, 2023

IonOpticks columns, US sourced!

Please note, the previous title: "Get IonOpticks columns from a US vendor instead of from sketchy Australians" was a joke based on whatever parameters our purchasing department uses to audit vendors for direct purchase approval. Whatever those parameters are, I can't purchase directly from a number of foreign vendors and this has zero bearing on the company itself, it probably is some tax thing. If I thought these people really were sketchy, I wouldn't...send them lots of money and use their products to run precious -- often invaluable -- human samples. ....

This probably doesn't count as something that should be here, but I'm really tired and this is a big deal for me.

I really like the IonOpticks columns for the TIMSTOFs. A little expensive? Sure, but the main reason that we don't use them all the time is that they can't get approval at our university as a vendor. I've met multiple people from their company and they seemed okay, which makes me worry even more about my ability to judge people. *Checks notes* Yup! Loads and loads of reasons to be concerned about my judgment! 

Well, whether or not the people who tell me how to spend money with my name on it like these Australians, they make nice columns. And you can now purchase them from a far less sketchy American company!  (..again...this is a joke....sigh.....I think I rarely "sigh" and when I do I suspect you can tell I was raised by a teenage mother in a trailer in a West Virginia. It's more of a growling sound that sounds suspiciously like a whole lot of f-words, but not suspiciously enough that a pastor would catch it.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment