Sunday, March 26, 2023

Really good new single cell proteomics videos from SpectroNaut!

 


I have limited time and patience, so I just about gave up trying to get access to these new videos from Biognosys. Glad I stuck it out, though, because they're legitimately worth the time. 

Highlights? 

The free Biognosys QuIC QC software that I just requested that appears to be able to provide rapid QC metrics on every instrument platform. Beyond our daily QA samples I still really have no way of figuring out what is going on with our TIMSTOFs when they don't hit our minimum sample cutoffs. Maybe this is the solution?? You do need their iRT samples, but I've got a shitload of those in my 4C, so I'm set!

Chris Adams shows off the Bruker, EvoSep, Cellenion, SpectoNaut collaboration thing where they sort single HeLa cells by size using the CellenOne into 96 well thingies that can be directly loaded into EvoTips. They run them on the SCP and crack 3k proteins with Whisper 20 (about 1 hr per sample). 

Valdemaras (Schoooof Lab) shows off some really innovative thinking on window size and when to inject your MS1 scans for DIA single cell proteomics. For high load proteomics we've been constantly dreaming about faster instruments that can handle smaller window sizes. Is that same logic as important when you've cut your peptide load by 1,000 fold? Do you need to place the same priorities on cycle time, or do you need to think about it differently? I won't tell you, you should see the video and the paper should be out very soon, I think. Some of these results were described here

No comments:

Post a Comment