Saturday, March 11, 2023

Comparison of veinous blood to finger prick blood!

 


Wow. I have a lot of writing here to backtrack! First I had to catch up on my day job where I discovered that I have a limited number of business hours (6) to respond to emails while I'm at a conference before people in my department will search my office and leave the door open to make sure they drive the point home. 

This paper is super important, though and has to go even before my big writeup of US HUPO! 


Veinous blood is a lot trickier to get than finger pricks, but a finger prick is a huge amount of material for us! 

Is it the same, though? It turns out that...mostly....but there are differences that make a ton of sense. Most importantly, though, we need to really think about how the blood was drawn. You could absolutely throw off your data if some samples were gathered from one and some from the others. As I said, super important work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment