Thursday, November 18, 2021

MhcVizPipe! QC Software for Immunopeptidomics!

 


Huge shoutout to Dr. Neely for tipping me off to this new study and tool! 


One of my favorite takeaways from this year's ASMS was the amount of precision targeted work that was going on with HLA/MHC peptides. By now just about everyone has been on some project to identify as many of these poorly fragmenting frustratingly low abundance peptides. Here is the turning point, though, groups doing studies like this one and this one are TARGETING important peptides coming from these lists and developing actionable therapies like this one I raved about a couple weeks ago. 

These studies are absolutely no fun whatsoever for the person doing the sample prep, running the instrument or processing the data. One thing that has been missing has been any real way to QC your experiments or results before letting your software of choice spend FORFREAKINGEVER digging through your data. Is MhCVizPipe the answer? I don't know, but it sure looks smart! 

I send anyone who asks for this stuff to.....oh...fuuu... Okay, well, I used to have a place to refer anyone who asked but I think there is just a beautiful empty lab there since everyone there was recruited to industry.... Well, maybe I will find out soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment