Monday, July 29, 2019

Don't throw out all the Keratins! They might be important!


Now that I'm back in the part of the world where you can't see stars at night, but you do have internet service and for no particular reason, I might highlight research done right here in rat infested Baltimore.

This is a short one because I've got to get my fingers used to typing again, but this cool recent paper in Science Translational Medicine highlights why you shouldn't use a filter that throws out the word "keratin" in your results! 

The patients that have this disease have massively more of some weird keratins....


For real -- I don't think I could have caught this with several of my default filter setups. Particularly if I was doing skin proteomics? I might have tossed every word that started with a K....

No comments:

Post a Comment