Sunday, April 26, 2015

Second party emitters for EasySpray source



I'm not much of a chromatographer.  Yes, maybe I came from the lab of a world famous separation scientist, but by the time I got samples they were pretty darned clean.  The best chromatography I've EVER gotten in my life has been with EasySpray columns. Viper connections mean I don't leave dead volume and the EasySprays are reliable and the peaks are perfect just about every time.

However, I am aware that some people need alternative chromatography materials and that may trump the risk of lowering base peak resolution for them.  If this is you, there are 2 solutions out there.  Dionex makes microspray direct emitters and MSWil GmbH makes what they call a "JailBreak" kit that vastly increases the flexibility of the EasySpray source.  It allows ionization at liquid junction or tip and allows any columns to be added to the system.  It also uses the in source temperature controls already built in.  So you can easily get heated columns.  I'd be interested to hear comments from anyone who has used this.

Shoutout to Vikrant for the heads up here!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.mswil.com/life-sciences-products/phoenix-s-t/phoenix-jailbreak

    ReplyDelete