Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mash Suite


The other day I joined that ASMS thing y'all are always going on about.  And I'm already reaping the benefits.  I got a journal in the mail with a ton of articles and I didn't have to worry about whether they were open source or not, cause I'm a subscriber.  Quite honestly, I'm feeling a little silly for not joining this club before now.

Anyway, one of the highlights of this magazine(?) what do you call it(?) is the Mash Suite.  Its a bunch of tools from Ying Ge's lab at the University of Wisconsin.

What is claims to be: "a user-friendly and versatile software interface for processing high-resolution mass spectrometry data"

What it really is:  a software package that
1) Deconvolutes
2) Does bottom up
3) Does middle down
4) Does top down!
5) And is free, you just have to go to Ying Ge's software website and prove that you are human.

I'm waiting for my license and opinions will follow...eventually!  Get this cool new tool here!

No comments:

Post a Comment