Sunday, April 12, 2020

Rapid gradient single shot FAIMS-Pro Exploris -- 5000 proteins in 20 min!??!

Did I post this once already? Probably, it was in preprint a while back, but -- wow -- I've reprocessed all the DDA data and it's unreal how good this is.

1) EVOSEP
2) FAIMS Pro
3) Exploris 480

Even conservatively on the 20-ish minutes DDA 500ng HeLa runs I'm getting over 3,800 human proteins on the best runs.

Worth noting, on the DDA runs single FAIMS compensation voltages (CV) are utilized. The authors are very clear that the CV voltages of 70/75 that appear to max out the number of identifications as seen here may be very specific to the instrument being at absolute peak performance (i.e., clean and very lightly used).

I haven't processed the DIA data yet, but it appears to produce better results in their hands.

Huge question here that should be addressed based on TIC alone between some runs I have from EasyNLC vs the signal that I'm seeing here.....do you just naturally get more signal with the EvoSep due to the fact that you're loading directly to your separation column, rather than to a trap as is typical in NanoLC (since you need that column to live a little longer?)

If anyone has that kind of data, I'd love to see it.

Oh yeah! Here is the paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment