Sunday, February 23, 2020

Dissolving peptides in formic acid induces artificial formylation!


On the list of things I'm psyched to add to my list of things to be concerned about I would like to add #7,412.


Whew! Okay, well, I'm safe, because Dr. Sudipto Das showed me a couple years ago that you should dissolve your peptides in 0.1% TFA so that at least a few of them will stick to a PepMap C-18 trap column. Thank you Sudipto, and....I guess....thank you...PepMap...?  I don't see hydrophilic peptides, and my phosphopeptides (that don't wash through) all come off in the first 10% of the gradient, but I don't have artificial formylation! 



I jest...PepMap isn't that bad, but there are good reasons that CPTAC and even the vendor demo labs don't use it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment