Thursday, October 10, 2013

NeuCode for de novo peptide sequencing?


On Tuesday I saw my favorite talk of the year.  Anna Larson-Merrill from the Coon lab gave a talk on NeuCode proteomics for the Indianapolis NPI conference.  What an amazing and flexible technology!  All of the benefits of SILAC and TMT, with only the limitation that ultra-resolution is needed for quan.

Then I found out that yet another application of NeuCode has been discovered.  In press at MCP, is this paper from the Coon lab where they show the use of NeuCode doublets for the improvement of de novo sequencing data.  I stole this figure (below) cause it's too cool to not post (don't sue me! see disclaimer page!)

If you are interested in de novo you need to check this out!  (Bonus points for these authors for using pepNovo+!)

No comments:

Post a Comment