Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Differential proteomics pipeline for unsequenced species!!


This is EXACTLY the kind of data minimization pipeline I was looking for to help me with a very daunting collaboration.

This awesome little (free!) software package from our friends at CompOmics is described in this paper.


What's it do? Well -- it is a sweet little Java GUI that can look at some of your control spectra vs your treated spectra and just pulls out what doesn't match. SO YOU CAN JUST SEARCH THAT!!

 RIGHT!?!?

Shoutout to Dr. Helm for pointing this one out to me.

You can download the software directly here (https://github.com/compomics/spectrum_similarity) -- make sure you unblock the file before you unzip it -- and that your Java matches their "ReadMe" text suggestions. I had a Java conflict and I'm not sure which step fixed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment