Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Quantitative multiplexed protocol for biomarker discovery

EDIT (5 min after posting and remembering I forgot something that seemed somewhat important...): The subtitle of this paper should be --
HOW TO RELIABLY QUANTIFY 4,000 PROTEINS IN HUMAN PLASMA!


I don't have time this morning to read this whole new Nature Protocols paper as it's quite large (19 pages) and I'm going to argue that it's really several protocols -- but it looks like a seriously valuable resource to me!



What I can tell you:
1) Its exceptionally well-written and clear -- and thorough
2) It shows outstanding reproducibility with isobaric tags -- despite the use of abundant protein depletion (which I generally consider to be something that negatively impacts reproducibility)
3)The troubleshooting section is AWESOME. I suspect at least one of these authors has trained people on these protocols in their facility a few times.

I stored this away to refer to later -- and to send to anyone thinking about doing reporter ion quan based biomarker studies!

No comments:

Post a Comment