Saturday, February 14, 2015

It might be time to take another look at PEAKS


I had an insanely busy but extremely productive week at the Mayo Clinic.  One of the highlights of the trip was the chance to pop in on my good friends at the MPRC.  The MPRC has that perfect combination of things that we all want where we work:  access to cool samples, cutting edge instrumentation, and a load of top notch scientists to run everything.  Popping in is like Xmas to a nerd like me.

Of the many things that I learned in my few short stops in is that I really need to find some free time somewhere to check out PEAKS 7.  I know a lot of you out there have a copy of PEAKS sitting around.  In the earlier versions you could argue that the interface was maybe a little wonky or the FDR didn't seem quite right.  Honestly, I'd probably have said the same thing, but I really need to do de novo sometimes and PEAKS has always been the easiest interface out there.

I saw QE data ran through PEAKS yesterday that knocked my socks off.  The PEAKS interface is more intuitive (and more useful!) and the data we were looking at was just perfect.  I don't know how the licensing thing works, but I think if you've got a copy you should see if you can demo the new version or get yours upgraded.  I think you'll be impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment