Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Fill a library with what I don't know about in shotgun proteomics


Today I got a super interesting question about Percolator and Spectral libraries.  While investigating, I figured I'd better go to the Percolator Google Group and see (btw, I think this is going to be very interesting to everybody!!!)

Anywho, while searching, I came across a whole lot of names I recognize who belong to a Crux-users Google group.  What the heck is Crux?  Umm....maybe an incredibly awesome and apparently free software package for proteomics?

On further investigation, I found Scholar references back to 2008(?!?!?!).  I feel less out of touch because it appears to be buried within the 1,000 programs and features that make up the Trans Proteomic Pipeline.

You can find out more about Crux here.  Feel free to tell me about it.  Back to Percolator....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Ben. We have a publication under review that will describe Crux v2.0 (which was released back in June) and hopefully notify more people of its existence!

    Bill Noble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bill! I'll be watching for it. It looks awesome!

      Delete