Friday, September 4, 2015

Wanna MALDI at half-million resolution?


I don't have a ton of MALDI experience. A little here and there, but I've always found it fascinating. I ran one a few times in grad school and I was very turned off by having to calibrate it constantly throughout the day. That might have been the start of my TOF hatred, come to think of it...

What I want is MALDI on a modern Orbitrap, like the Fusion above.  Thats the MassTech APMALDI-HR. Some friends of mine got to mess around with one and what I hear is that it is excellent!

You can check it out here!

1 comment:

  1. TN (from Ottawa, Canada)September 22, 2015 at 12:54 PM

    Hi Ben,

    Thanks for all the contents in here - they are great values to a complete amateur in the MS field like me.

    Btw, I get to work with the Q Exactive Plus that is coupled with the HR AP-MALDI from MassTech. So far, I'm still teaching myself so haven't fully appreciated the beauty of this coupling yet (plus, as Thermo does make the LTQ MALDI OT - I'm still not very clear about why our lab director chose to create a new and not-so-common coupling as this instead of taking what have already been designed). But I agree, it does seem very cool and holds lots of potentials.

    I would be very interested and excited looking forward to any new knowledge you are able to share about AP-MALDI and Orbitrap in the future.

    Many thanks !

    TN

    ReplyDelete