Friday, May 15, 2015

How does the PD 2.0 upgrade process work?


The PD 2.0 upgrade process is relatively simple.  If you have active "maintenance" in your existing copy of Proteome Discoverer then you can go to the Thermo Omics portal, download the upgrade license, install the upgrade key and you're good to go.

The trick for a lot of people is figuring out whether you still have maintenance.  There are two ways of figuring this out.  The first is to go to the Administration tab. Find licenses and click "show expired".



As you can see here, my Annotation has expired.  This means I don't have maintenance on my copy of PD 1.4 so I can't upgrade without talking first to my sales rep.  I can, however, download the 60 day free demo and use it as much as I want.  So...after I acquire a ton of data...I'm going to do just that.

Now, I recently saw a copy of PD 1.4 that did not show this in the license box.  In that case, go to the Workflow editor and look for the Annotation node.  If its missing your maintenance has expired.  If its there, go download that upgrade!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if anyone has experienced this with the demo version of PD 2.0, but when I tried to install it on the same computer as PD 1.4 (with an expired license), PD 2.0 was only set up as a Viewer copy. I did an uninstall/reinstall three times, double-checking to make sure I had the demo key, and still the same result. So in the end, I just installed it on another computer.

    ReplyDelete