Wednesday, September 15, 2021

SureQuant-IsoMHC - absolute quantification of antigens in patient samples!

 


MHC/HLA peptide studies for global proteomics generally start with "we cultured approximately this many cells....


.....to generate enough peptide for a single LCMS run" 

This works for pure discovery and it still seems like we need to get the discovery aspect right, but for patients we need to crank up the sensitivity and here is a really impressive new way of doing that


SureQuant uses internal standard heavy labeled peptides to trigger focused targeted analysis. I haven't used it myself, but I also hadn't seen a reason that screamed to me that it was a necessary tool until now. High resolution absolute quan of HLA peptides....from a punch biopsy?!?!?  I strongly recommend checking this out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment