Thursday, July 1, 2021

Requested repost -- how to install Fragger and other community nodes in PD!

 


Would you like to have a fully functioning version of the Proteome Discoverer environment on your PC at home (or on multiple PCs throughout your lab, which is a much more normal thing to do)? You obviously can't have the commercial nodes that the manufacturer has to pay royalties on, but you can have lots of tools including:

!!!MS-FRAGGER!!! operating in PD on any Windows PC. 

The SugarQB glycoproteomics workflow (which...I'd argue is as good as ANYTHING available for glycoproteomics for any price right now, with that caveat that you have to have your glycan mod in your database) 

AND TONS MORE!! 

Here is a link to a 20-ish slide walkthrough for setting up PD with a bunch of cool free nodes. I tried to include every relevant link, so your browser or security settings might be mad about all the extensions in the slide deck. 

This might not be completely accurate (duh), but I tried and I hope it helps. 

I put up the Version info in the image above, because maybe I'll update it going forward. 

As an aside, having PD installed at home helps me morally justify having a badass OMICSPCs system in my basement. It's only coincidental that it can run Crysis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment