Monday, April 5, 2021

Integrative proteomic and metabolomic analysis of mouse cardiac deletion


I'll be honest, the only reason I'm interested in this new study at MCP is that I'm constantly looking for a better way to integrate proteomic and metabolomic data than the crappy tool that I made myself. 

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this study. It looks like very good metabolomics -- both positive and negative runs on a Q Exactive, data processing in Compound Discoverererer 2.1. The proteomics was processed in MaxQuant and all the data is publicly available. 

Integration of the data was with a commercial tool that I've never heard of before and haven't tried, but I'm going to investigate the abbreviations on their front page to see what they are. The program is called SIMBA, and they used OPALS, MDMA, and OTTERPlots for VeryMultiplication Empires... or...maybe I should screenshot it.... 


Clearly not an endoresement, but if the fact 2 people standing very close together appear to be looking at extremely crappy mass spec data on a Macintosh means they're doing something interesting over there. 


1 comment: