Wednesday, April 21, 2021

An amazing new automated platform for single cell proteomics!


Hmmm....I wonder what Mechtler Lab is up to these days with 3 single cell papers in as many months, and a single cell proteomics conference coming up right around the corner in Vienna? 

This new preprint is ridiculous in a number of ways. First of all, what is even happening with the sample prep above? I pulled the links to the hardware they're using and it looks to me like this thing is doing the sorting, and they go right into a stream for digestion labeling AND injection to LC? 


The LCMS is an Exploris 480 with FAIMS and surprisingly they appear to use a trap column, which -- in my hands -- has been disastrous for my signal, but I pulled some files from ProteomeXchange and these files are intimidatingly good. 


E4 fragment ions?!? Geez....

Okay, so this is hands down the best SCoPE-MS data that I've seen on a D20 Orbitrap. 

There are no tricks here, they compare NORMAL SIZED HUMAN CELLS, (shoutout to anyone out there using 7 foot long giraffe neurons for single cell.) 

This sample prep method should be investigated! 


No comments:

Post a Comment