Friday, April 17, 2020

What's the deal with birds?


If you've ever published anything you probably have a special folder from "Journals" of an often increasing degree of sophistication offering you publication spots, or Editorial positions, or -- and this is the best one -- inviting you to speak at conferences that they just made up.

There are multiple databases trying to keep up with these "predatory" organizations, but -- again -- some of them are getting better. I seriously almost fell for going to Europe for a predatory conference. I love talking about proteomics and I'm probably going to fall for it eventually.

The best things are when people deliberately mess with these journals -- and this might be one of the best ones yet -- I humbly present my favorite thing I've read today--


No comments:

Post a Comment