Thursday, April 9, 2020

Is this the long sought after list of human housekeeping proteins?!?!


A shockingly useful thing in genomics is a list of "housekeeping genes" for each organism. These things are always there and nearly always in uniform abundance for some reasons that make DNA or RNA level sense.

A list of universal "housekeeping proteins" is something I know I've always looked for -- and -- could this newly ASAP Accepted paper at JPR have that list? 

I'm paywalled right this second, so I can't say for sure, so I'm going to leave it here.


Just a reminder, though, if you DID have a list like this you can utilize those proteins in a most workflows, including Proteome Discoverer. I put together an overview of one way you can use a list like that here a couple of years ago (for normalizing between multiple TMT/iTRAQ sets).

No comments:

Post a Comment