Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Precision FDA -- Free super computing power preloaded with applications!


Okay -- I now have a PrecisionFDA account and I've just uploaded data to it, and I'm trying to reduce some spectra with RIDAR with it -- and I have no idea why this is here, but I like it.

Disclaimer: Since this is an HHS US government thing it might be for US people only? But...I'm in Japan right now and I logged right in, even with the 2-factor identification thing.

You can go to PrecisionFDA here.

What do I know about it?

Well...they are the ones responsible for the CPTAC challenge to identify mislabled samples -- so they're clearly the good guys. That was cool, even if the start and end of the challenge deadline made it clear they didn't expect anyone interested in participating had a job. Scientists tend to be busy people, yo. If you want them to volunteer for stuff and they see they have to start and complete in like 3 weeks, no one is going to take you up on it.

What else do I know about them? I just got a free account and uploaded data to their cluster. There are a bunch of tools there already but it currently looks like all dumb genome and transcriptome stuff, but if someone is going to let me run my tools on their power bill they're cool people in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment