Sunday, May 26, 2019

SurfaceGenie -- Time to finally make sense of the cell surface?!?


This might be the new record holder for the most forwards I've made of a single paper before I finished reading it. I know so many people who need to check out this resource -- and I bet you do as well as soon as you see the power of what you are looking at.

You should check out this preprint here!


Want to just bumble around on an easy web interface first and let what you're looking blow you away first?  Go to CellSurfer.net and pop over to SurfaceGenie.

Whew! I was 600+ words into a ramble about why I'm excited about this, realized I wasn't doing this justice at all and deleted it!

Here is the summary of why I'm pumped -- SurfaceGenie helps us find and understand the proteins on the surface of human cells. We know VERY little about what is going on there, but the little we've been able to put together so far has (basically) made these amazing new drugs possible.


Sure -- the inside of cells is cool and all...but the outside?!?!? if you know what is going on there you can target the destruction of the ones you don't want hanging around. This is both a big step forward for human proteomics discovery and for that "precision medicine" thing we keep hearing about.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Ben! Much appreciated. Don't hesitate to reach out with questions/suggestions.

    ReplyDelete