Saturday, December 8, 2018

Split resolution control on the QE HF Turbo!


Okay -- am I an idiot? Sure. Yes. Totally. But after a night of broken Orbi XL and-still-not-working after the rainstorm Orbi Elite AND the HF slEasyNano on the fritz again -- maybe being able to FINALLY GET AN MS1 RESOLUTION BETWEEN 60,000 and 120,000 is cause for celebration!

BIG SHOUTOUT TO:

Mark Ivanov and
Elizaveta Solovyva

of the great Gorshov lab for taking a look at my data, finding dumb mistakes that I personally made and showing me awesome new tools I can't talk about quite yet.

To be clear, they weren't trying to help me replicate Jenny's phone number on my Orbitrap. They were being really brilliant and helpful and, as a consequence, I did something stupid while verifying I finally got the stupid nanoLC running again. But -- nowI can run my samples at a resolution right in the goldylocks zone. 60,000 just isn't enough for digging deep and 120,000 takes too long.

86,753 MS1 resolutoin
15,009 MS/MS. YEAH!

ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY (WHY ARE THERE NO DECENT DEATH METAL COVERS OF THIS SONG?)


No comments:

Post a Comment