Monday, June 19, 2017

Stop Windows update before setting a huge processing run!


I was overjoyed this morning to find that my PC had installed updates and rebooted....and optimistically hoped that my FASTA had somehow been allowed to complete before Windows decided it was more important to update my Audio Driver...which appears to be the only alteration listed...


...nope...(P.S. TrEMBL is 39GB unzipped....it takes a while....)

I've always hoped that I would find something that would allow Windows Update services to allow me to create a list -- "if X program is using 80% of the CPU don't reboot" but I never have.

This post is more of a reminder to myself than anything else -- that I need to type "Services" into the Windows search bar, find Windows Update, right click and STOP the service prior to starting any huge multi-day runs....or before trying to import a 39GB FASTA file in it's entirety....

No comments:

Post a Comment