Tuesday, June 7, 2016

When you get to only 1 talk on a day at ASMS? Top-down KRAS, FTW!!

I consider it a pretty good ASMS in my line of work if I get to 3 talks. Just too much to do. Today, I really get a shot at one talk and only by running really fast and being late for some other stuff.

Top-down proteomics + K-RAS  (the most common protein mutated in cancer!!) Yup, that's where I'm going to end up.

This talk was an extension of this recent paper I rambled on about recently.

Thinking "Great....another talk on a paper I can read?" Since reporting on the K-RAS intact proteomics data, they report 10x more coverage of intact proteins. They also show the improvements in top-down technology allows identification of positional isoforms (which all come out in one single peak!) and improved statistics that lead to all of these new proteins.

They get enough quantifiable top-down that they can do pathway analysis!!  Quick conversation with the presenter says this paper is in works! I sure can't wait for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment