Tuesday, May 26, 2015

LogViewer?!?!


Umm...so, how the fudge did I not know about LogViewer before?  Seriously?!?

Published in 2011, used by lots of people.  Never heard of it.

You can read about it here.  It, in conjunction with RawXtract pulls a ton of useful data out of Thermo RAW files and plots it out.  I have a crazy slow...seriously phone line modem slow...internet connection on this flight delay so I can't seem to get it all downloaded.

Now.  The interesting thing here:  RawMeat suffers from an issue called "integer overflow" if you give it RAW files are too big and it generates some weird data.  Does this cool little program (that I currently have downloaded 6% of...) suffer from the same issue?  In other words, can I feed it a Q Exactive HF file without getting weird stuff back?  If you know, let me know!  If this is new to you, check it out here!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ben,

    do you know where i can find RawMeat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me an email: orsburn@vt.edu and I'll WeTransfer you an install file. I should have one around here somewhere.

      Delete