Sunday, October 26, 2014

ProsightPD is officially on the way!



In my job, sometimes I hear and see things that I'm not allowed to tell you guys about.  I err on the side of caution, cause my car insurance is pretty expensive.  I've been holding this one in for quite a while, but its on the Prosight Blog so I know I can talk about it.

Prosight as a node in PD 2.0.  BAM!!!  Super powerful software that can be controlled inside an interface you already know (or that I could teach you in about an hour...check the videos to the right).

I saw a working copy a few months ago, and I'm about to get it for myself to try it out (maybe this week!  I'll have a nice long flight back from Seattle I'm hoping to spend working with it!!!!!)  What if you split your protein into two parts, one part that you did via top-down with ProsightPD and the next part that you digested and did with Sequest+MSAmanda+Byonic?  Would that be the most thorough protein characterization that you've ever done?!?!  And you could do it all in Proteome Discoverer.  I'm psyched.  And I hope you are!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben,

    May I know how to add ProSightPD node into PD 2.0? Thanks!

    Many Thanks and Warm Regards,
    Wang Han

    ReplyDelete