Thursday, December 19, 2013

Do Byonic searches directly in Proteome Discoverer!!!!!!


I knew this was coming.  I really really did.  But that doesn't stop me from being crazy super psyched about it.

You can buy a Byonic node and put it directly into Proteome Discoverer right now!

If you don't know about Byonic, go to the search bar and look up my ravings about this software over the last year.  Next generation search engines are GO!  MSAmanda for high-high MS/MS data and Byonic for your PTMs and in 2013 Proteome Discoverer has went from relying on (perfectly suitable) search algorithms written when I was in high school to brand new engines that 1) take adavantage of high res MS/MS data and 2) can search PTMS in a completely new and super efficient way!

Proof:

I don't have this yet.  Expect me to hunt it down and data to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment