Monday, April 1, 2013

Yongsei Proteomics Research center


Sadly, my tour of South Korea is nearly at an end.  Don't worry, I'm not going to be done talking about it for a while.  This country is an absolute powerhouse for proteomics ideas and we're going to be seeing/hearing a lot out of the talented researchers here.  As an example, I spend today at the Yongsei Proteome Research center (proteomix.org).  They are doing high level and innovative work that is fully grounded in solid fundamental techniques. Not to brag, or put anyone down, but my job is to help people get better proteomics data.  Most of the time I can look through a tune or instrument method and find things that I would change that should help.  These are extremely tough things to find at the YPRC.  I walked away from this facility thoroughly impressed, not only with the skill of the mass spectrometrists, but with the extremely clever ideas that they are working on.  Needless to say, I learned a lot and while it is obvious that I can't share what I saw, I think it is safe to say that we'll be hearing a lot from these researchers soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment