Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spec&SepNow a pretty App you can't log into


I got a notice from the Apple Genius thing that said spectroscopy/separationsNow.com had a new app.  This would work similar to Sparkplug, where it would provide me with abstracts that met one of many criteria that I set for upcoming literature from Wiley.  The icon is bright and colorful and suggests that this was really well made.  Then you try to log into it....
Try it, it's fun.  You get two identical bars.  The first says:  enter you registered user name.  The second says: confirm registered user name.  Then hit the login button.  Then it declares that the username or password are incorrect.  Try putting your registered password in the second box.  Doesn't work.  Try any combination until you realize that you are typing 2 really long things on a tablet and then delete the App.
Normally I only try to write nice things, but I would expect Wiley to do a little better.
If they fix the App, feel free to let me know.  It seems like a good idea, but I'll just keep using Sparkplug.

No comments:

Post a Comment